Sunday, July 26, 2009

Chickening Out

Sadly, I haven't been cooking a lot lately. I'm gearing up to become a Mrs, and in doing so, I've been trying to cut out all the delicious foods in which I was previously enjoying, in order to not only be a little healthier, but to ensure I will still fit into my beautiful gown!

I'd like to think that everything has a silver lining if you look for it long enough... In this case, it's this: Cutting out the constant baking and cooking will give me a chance to catch up on my posts! I've done a few things since Bryan's birthday, and I have nothing to show for it!

Here's a tasty plate I made a few months ago that is guaranteed to tickle your palette and warm your belly.

Kaytucky Chicken



Crash Hot Potatoes



mmmm... stuffed, breaded chicken breast (cream cheese, green onion, italian cheeses, bacon, red pepper flakes, parsley, garlic) with corn, tomatoes, and "crash" potatoes. the original recipe for the chicken called for pastry shells instead of breading for the outside... i couldn't find any pastry shells, which is why i breaded them instead. they were still delicious! a couple nights later i ran across shells, so i made them again. didn't get pics of the second batch... but i must say they're better with the shells. the potatoes are amazing-- crunchy on the outside, mushy on the inside. topped with olive oil, fresh rosemary, and some italian cheese.

Follow the links for the original recipes!


No comments:

Annie's Edibles's Fan Box